Monday, January 15, 2018

#KeelingIt2017

As the unofficial videographer of the Keeling Wedding... Here's my next Vlogmas video!!

I never imagined I would be so emotional during the wedding. I ran around with my mother making sure each of the girls were taken care of and that they were all looking stunning. I ended up being the last one finished, but I didn't mind. We had food, drinks, and music- and that was just the prep!

As all the guests wiped their feet and warmed themselves from the rain outside, we in the wedding court prepared for our big entrance. Some were more nervous than others, speeding down the short aisle. I had to remind myself to walk slowly. My feet cooperated in my new heels and the girls all smiled and giggled at the little nuances throughout the process, remembering all the jokes from the night before. But when Sarah started to get choked up, reciting her vows to James, it hit me. I didn't expect to start crying seeing my friend get married off, but it did. Sam, in front of me started sniffling, but we both held our composure. And Sam never cries! Sarah was all in tears and I couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy to see the two of them getting married. And if Sarah was crying like this, she must really love this guy. Finally, after a wonderful 30minutes, we sauntered out of the hall.

Photos were taken and soon after a short break we entered the reception. It was a small wedding. Nice and sweet. Family and close friends of both the Bride and Groom. It was crazy to see people I'd gone to school with and hadn't seen in years! My mom joined us on the dance floor for every song. We kept going up and making requests to the DJ and pulling Sarah out with us. Even if our small group were making fools of ourselves, it was just nice to hang out with my friends.

I just laugh at how nerdy the two of them are. Each little table had Chocolate Harry Potter Snitches and colorful mini Bubble Lightsabers. The Wedding Court sat up front, our seats claimed by a different POP Figure representing the person (Mine was Princess Ariel, of course!). The court entered in on Star Wars music and the couple left under a mist of bubbles. Overall, a magic night. I love my friends and I can't express how honored I was to be apart of this Harkiewicz-Keeling Wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment