Saturday, August 12, 2017

AntiGravity...!

I've always been fascinated with acrobats and the beautiful circus capabilities they have flying through the air. I've always wanted to be like them! And, not gonna lie, it's most likely because I want to be a Kaleido Star!!
Ok, sure it's just an Anime Series (and an old one), but not only is it my absolute favorite and always fun to watch- it's how I got into Circus Skills in the 1st place! When I was in college and got to travel with my Movement III class to the local circus- I was on cloud 9. I loved climbing the silks and spinning in the hoop, having upside-down, and just bouncing around the area having fun! And I've missed it. I bought myself a set of juggling balls and plan to work on my Circus Skills when I have the time, but it's not enough. Then I discovered AntiGravity.
AntiGravity is an Aerial School -literally- 2minutes down the street from where I live! They offer multiple classes throughout the week: Bungee, Trampoline, Silks, Aerial Yoga, Flexibility, etc... And they are always adding and modifying their selections. It was hard trying to schedule a class around my job, but when I finally made it..? It was amazing.
I've taken several conditioning classes and I'm always looking forward to my next visit. My favorite is definitely the Bungee Classes. The harness hurt and my body is always bruised and sore, but it's just so much fun! Sure, it's expensive, but so worth it! The more classes I take the more confidant I am flipping around and holding myself inverted. I may be unable to go for a while, sadly, but as soon as I have enough money, you know where I'm headed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment