Saturday, January 5, 2013

Just Some 2012 Quotes


HiHi!!
From Writers to Politicians,
everyone has got something to say
and sometimes you might just hear some amazing
 quote that describes YOU!
So here are some pretty good ones
that are all over my planner from 2012!

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." ~John Muir
"Problems are only opportunities in work clothes." ~Henry J. Kaiser
"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm." ~Abraham Lincoln
"To think is to differ." ~Clarence Darrow
"As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand." ~Henry Wheeler Shaw
"My mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general; if you become a monk, you'll end up as the Pope.' Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso." ~Pablo Picasso
"Penetrating so many secrets, we cease to believe in the unknowable. But there it sits nevertheless, calmly licking its chops." ~H. L. Mencken
"No business which depends for its existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country." ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt
"Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them." ~Flannery O'Connor
"Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous." ~Bill Moyers
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
"Gossip is news running ahead of itself in a red satin dress." ~Liz Smith 
"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake." ~James Joyce
"I perplex others, not because I am clear, but because I am utterly perplexed myself." ~Socrates 
"In times of change, learners inherit the Earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a whorl that no longer exists." ~Eric Hoffer
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." ~Adlai Stevenson
"I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain." ~Jane Wagner
"The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature." ~Joseph Campbell
"There are no creeds in mathematics." ~Peter F. Drucker
"The fall of dripping water hollows the stone." ~Lucretius
"The next Administration must do more than provide comfort for the comfortable." ~Edward M. Kennedy
"He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom." ~James Huneker
"All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath." ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Till Next Time: 
Remember to KEEP IT GENKI!!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

No comments:

Post a Comment