Thursday, April 5, 2012

Voice Acting Workshop w/ Crispin Freeman (Part 2)


Scene Study Class:

  Before coming to the classes, Crispin sent an email asking us to record ourselves reading a monologue so that he can hear what our voice sounded like. So, after a short lunch break, we headed back to our classroom and started working in partners. Crispin set us all up and started handing out pages and naming the characters, "You're Alice & you're the Red Queen," I was so jealous, wishing I could play a British Alice! "You're Nala & you get Simba," I screamed this time... I just LOVE Lion King, ok!? Then he came over to my partner and handed him his script, "You're Gru and-" I got super excited, "Wait... Gru, like, Gru?? Despicable Me, Gru!?" "And you're Margo." I've gotta say, I was content....
  Is it sad that I was saying everyone else's lines with them?? I mean, they were lines from The Lion King! Of course, I knew every word! But it was so great to watch the other groups work their scenes! And Crispin was being really helpful and giving everyone a push in the right direction. And he asked every single one of us,"Now, what are you trying to get from your scene partner??" Having begun his training on-stage, he really knew his stuff, and I loved getting advise from him.
 Then it was our turn to perform. I was pretty confident, seeing as how I had few lines, and our reading went real well! When we had finished, Crispin even praised me on being able to keep my character during all of our retakes! Yay! I love getting praised!! ^-^
"We're not going to deliver cookies until we do dance class..."
 The second round, we switched around partners, and this time, I got to play Coraline! I was pretty happy, especially because Coraline is not only my sister's favorite movie, but the name of my first niece! But this scene proved to be a bit more difficult. This time, Crispin wanted us to work for it and to really dig deep into our characters! I don't think we did super amazing this time, but I'm pretty happy with the recordings that we achieved!
 After everyone had finished we started to pack up and everyone just sat around and talked, while I gave an interview for Izobel. But, my favorite part about the whole class was that Izzy seemed to really like me! I mean, she could have just been trying to be nice, but she started asking me if I was going to be coming back and that she really wanted to see me work some Anime scenes! That made me so happy!! I really wish I COULD come back!!
 Oh, I wish Crispin had more classes when I was actually free!! But, all-in-all, this was the highlight of my Spring Break! I can't wait to get to practice!! Of course, I can't upload the recordings Crispin sent me, since they're confidential; however, one day I'll be a big-time voice actress and my voice will be recorded in all sorts of shows!! So, I guess you'll just have to wait! ^-^

"I almost fell down a well yesterday, Mom...  I could have DIED...!"


No comments:

Post a Comment