Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve!!

 We all had to wake up early to take pictures with Santa! Mom would take Nicky shopping early in the morning while Rochelle & DJ were driving in from Victoria, and we were all going to meet up at Santa's workshop. But, seeing as this is MY family... That didn't happen...
 Firstly, we all woke up an hour late, so Nicky couldn't go shopping. We were SUPPOSED to be at the mall by 11AM, and I happened to be the ONLY one dressed and ready by 10:30AM... So, like the good little girl I am, I clean.... I vacuumed, swept, and mopped the whole house annoyed and frustrated. Finally, at 11:30, we left the house. The line to see Santa wasn't bad, but everyone was a bit peeved. Suzette had to be at work by 1:30, Rochelle & DJ were tired, and Mom and Billy were a bit fussy... Things turned worse when we almost didn't make it before Santa's lunch break, THEN Billy had left to retrieve Suzette's work clothes JUST before we had to take the pictures!! Suzette was so upset... Luckily, I saved the day and found Billy just before we finished with the pictures. We were able to get a really good family portrait and Suzette and Billy and Coraline took their first Family Christmas Pictures! 
 After Suzette left for work, Mom had to do some last minute shopping, so naturally, I tagged along. But Mom kept switching from being in a GREAT mood to being moody and it kept frustrating me. Hours later, we returned home and gathered everyone to visit the lights. It's tradition for my family to buy BurgerKing and drive to see the lights at Windcrest. It was lots of fun, but the people didn't seem too amped up for this year's theme of "Military."
 We made cookies after getting home, then the Midnight Exchange! I loved everyone's gifts: Mom got me TweetyBird pajama pants, Suzette&Billy got me a Starbucks cup and some Bath&Body Works scents, Nicky got me some cute Erasers, and Rochelle&DJ got me a really cute ChineseTeaSet! And everyone liked my gifts, so I was happy! 
 Following the gift exchange, we left out cookies and milk for Santa, and Nicky & I went to bed. 1hour later, Rochelle woke me up. It was my turn for Elf Duty again! One of my favorite parts of Christmas: staying up with Mom and wrapping everyone's gifts! I loved being able to help put smiles on everyone's faces! I love making people smile, even if I'm only helping in a supporting role! ^-^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment