Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Insanity..!

I need to keep myself motivated and accountable on my working out!!
I love the feeling of being tired and sore after a good bit of exercise and how different I am when I eat responsibly, but sometimes that's hard when you have a weird schedule. I'm the type of person that gets into "health moods" where I'm good for several weeks, only to get busy and preoccupied with work or LIFE and I end up falling off the wagon. And it continues as a constant cycle.
I guess that's the magic of things like this- once you post about it you feel compelled to keep going. You don't want to let down your nonexistent audience..! Lol

So here you go! Today I got ahold of my step-mother's Insanity DVDs and did the Fitness Test:

Switch Kicks: 75
Power Jacks: 41
Power Knees: L-50
Power Jumps: 15
Globe Jumps: 5
Suicide Jumps: 5
Push Up Jacks: 17
Low Plank Obliques: 20

This Fitness Test really made me realize how out of shape I am..! I had to keep stopping the video in order to catch my breath and was feeling light-headed near the end. My major goal once I've completed the Program is to FEEL BETTER. If I look different- great- but the fact that I sometimes get winded while going up a short flight of steps is NOT. OK. A few years ago I wasn't like this... Guess with how busy I've been these past few months I've really lost my edge.

So here we go! The first step on my Insanity Health Journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment