Saturday, January 6, 2018

2017 Reading in Review...

Last year when it was time for everyone to figure out what kind of goals and resolutions they wanted to set for themselves, I chose to really focus on my reading. Amongst other things like getting healthy and setting aside more time for myself to chill and relax, I really wanted to read more. And I did!

In 2016 I read a total of 61 Books. My goal for this year was to either match that number, or surpass it. I am thrilled to announce that I totally beat that number!! I read a total of 127 books in 2017!!!! Ok, ok... but before we get too excited about that number, here's a little breakdown:

Novels- 20
Children's Books- 31
Manga- 89
Plays- 5

So, yeah, when you look at the actual count it doesn't seem like much, haha. I didn't do a breakdown of my 2016 reading list I really should, though, but I'm sure it's going to be similar. Now, you may think that it's easy to read a ton of books when they're solely for children, or have a lot of pictures, but even so, I read them. Most of the Children's Books I read were apart of the Magic Tree House Series but I also continued exploring my dear How To Train Your Dragon universe. As for the novels, I thoroughly enjoyed discovering new authors and new stories, as well as rediscovering the magic from some of my old favorites. I got to complete a number of series I had never heard of, in the novels &&& manga collections, and finally had the chance to read some that I've just never been able to pick up. Let's just say, my library card has become my best friend.

2017 Reading List:

Battle Royale by Houshun Takami
Madoka Magica 1-3
Magic Tree House Series 8- 27
MTH Series Companion Books 1-10
D. Gray-Man 3-25
"The Wayside Motor" Inn by A.R. Gurney
Insidious by Catherine Coulter
Rurouni Kenshin 1-2
Kiss Him, Not Me 1-5
A Silent Voice 1-3
A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
How to Speak Dragons by Cressida Cowell
Yu-Gi-Oh GX 1-5
Love*Com 1-3
Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
Backstage Prince 1-2
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories)
Dragonball 1-3
Goosebumps Most Wanted: Planet of the Lawn Gnomes by R.L. Stine
Naruto: Shikamaru's Story
Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
Neon Genesis Evangeleon 1-4
Kingdom Keepers II Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson
The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
Hotel Valhalla: Guide to the Norse Worlds by Rick Riordan
How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse by Cressida Cowell
"The Dining Room" by A.R. Gurney
Naruto: Kakashi's Story
"What I Did Last Summer" by A.R. Gurney
The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
Gengaku Picasso 1
The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan
Poke'mon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life
Poke'mon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan
Camp Half-Blood Confidential by Rick Riordan
Poke'mon XY Series 1 & 2
Poke'mon Adventures Black2 White 2. 1-4
Poke'mon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire 1-3
Poke'mon Adventures Heart Gold & Soul Silver 1 & 2
Zelda Twilight Princess 1 & 2
Yo-Kai Watch 1 & 2
"Medea" by Euripides
K-On! 1-4
Fruit's Basket 1
Dengeki Daisy 1-4
Kuroko's Basketball 1-4
My Hero Academia 1- 13
The Story of Moana by Kari Sutherland
Gurren Lagann 1-3
"1984" by George Orwell

The Christmas Shoes by Donna VanLiere
Kingdom Keepers III Disney in Shadow by Ridley Pearson

Started the year off strong with the classic, Battle Royale, which I LOVED & ended with one of my current favorite series, and hard to find, Kingdom Keepers. It was definitely a great year for Manga! haha. This year, though, I hope to read a lot more Plays and Novels to balance that out. And, of course, complete most of the series I began last year.
Here's to another year of solving mysteries and traveling through imaginary worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment