Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Road to Voice Acting...

This year, the universe decided to start my summer off with a resounding, bang! 

  The week before I left for home, FUNimation decided to have their annual open auditions! Like, literally, my car was packed with everything from my dorm, ready for the 5hour trip to San Antonio after my audition!
  I went in, immensely excited and nervous, but I have to admit, I did a great job hiding my inner fangirl! Especially when I walked the halls and saw the XXX/Holic and DBZ wall art &&& when I passed Justin Cook's office... It was hard, but I was able to hold it in and act professional! When I got called in, Joel McDonald and I discussed how a number of students from UNT had already been through the audition, and I wasn't surprised, I knew a number of people from school who were interested. We had a quick 15minute session: I read for 3characters, gave my thanks, and left. I know that I could have done better, but there was no way I was going to fret about it because I had a great time in the booth! I loved being in there, wearing the headphones, and knowing that I am officially on the FUNi voice database was a definite boost to the summer holidays!
  I also signed up to take another one of Crispin's VA workshops! 
  I only took one this time, the Scene Studies class, and although I had already taken the class before, I still learned so much. Of course, having a completely new group of students, you get to experience all different levels of the voice acting world. This time I got to voice Roxanne from "The Goofy Movie" as well as Astrid from "How to Train Your Dragon." You don't understand how excited I got for Astrid!! It was fun, and I loved watching everyone perform their character scenes. After the class was done I talked to Crispin and his wife, Izobel, about their other classes. Izobel and I discussed my need to attend their Anime VA class, and hopefully when next summer roles around it will be available??? The most exciting news, however, came when Crispin told me that he thought I was ready to start actually working! (OxO) I got pretty excited, and even more so, motivated to get a move-on! 
  And then there came another summer surprise: Bang Zoom! Entertainment decided to hold an open audition at Anime Expo!! Apparently, they've been doing little auditions every AX; however, this year they were holding the auditions for an actual series they are getting ready to dub- This was my main motivator for the weekend! It was great to watch others ((I say that a lot, but it's true!)) and quite nerve-wracking getting up there myself! Buuuut, having a Crispin Freeman wish you luck on the audition is a great remedy for the nerves! After my audition, several random people came up and told me that I had a great audition! And, although I am positive they will never read this, THANK YOU!! It's always little praise like that keep me motivated to work harder at making my way in this industry. I'm hoping to be able to take more and more classes in the next year, especially the Adventures in Voice Acting when they come back to Dallas! I am so ready to learn everything possible and to get to work!!

Sincerely Yours,
Lisette Diaz
 ৎ꒰ ¯ิ̑﹃ ¯ิ̑๑꒱ુ ୭ ~Sweet Dreams~ ৎ꒰ ¯ิ̑﹃ ¯ิ̑๑꒱ુ ୭ 

No comments:

Post a Comment