Monday, November 19, 2012

TECHY TALK: AKG C214 Microphone

HiHi!!

As an Aspiring Voice Actress, 
I need to be able to audition online.
And what do I need to make that happen???
A MICROPHONE!!
So, I finally got one!



This is an AKG C214 Condenser mic, 
recommended by Crispin.
These mics are found in a number of studios today and have been greatly reviewed.
It was pretty expensive, but a decent price for what I got:
The mic itself, a nicely padded carrier along with the shock mount,
mic cover, Samsung Pop Filter, and XLR cable.
I had to purchase on my own,
a Phantom Power Source and XLR-USB cord;
however, I've been having a lot of difficulties with my mic....

For some reason, I keep getting a great deal of feedback??
If anyone can help me figure out WHY
and HOW to STOP it,
I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Anyways, it's a beautiful mic, and I can't wait tot start work!
But if I can't get it working properly,
I'll just have to save it for my future home studio...
Besides, I wouldn't want to damage it while living in the dorms, you know??

Till Next Time: 
Remember to KEEP IT GENKI!!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

No comments:

Post a Comment