Sunday, September 23, 2012

秋まつり

HiHi!!

Today was Dallas' anuual Aki Matsuri!! 
(Fall Festival)
This was the first time that I had ever gone, and I had such a great time! There were so many great people, such great food, lots of games and entertainment, and tons of adorable Shiba-Inus!! 

桜もち!
This was my Sakura Mochi that was so yummy! 
It's wrapped in the Sakura Leaf, and is a great Fall treat! 
昼ご飯:狐うどん
This was my lunch: some very delicious Kitsune Udon! 
This made me really miss Japanese food! 
(>.<)


There weren't many, but this was one of the cosplayers we met today! 
Besides Inuyasha, we also saw a Huruhi Suzumiya, and Mio & Yui from K-On!



The Baylor Students had a booth where you could play Janken with them!
This is my friend, Stephanie, playing with our friend, Kenta! 
We met Kenta while in Japan, & right now he's studying at Baylor, 
so it was really great to see him this weekend! 
(She said she really wanted to play, just so that she could hit him with a paper fan...!)
  
Saw some Okinawan Traditional Drummers Perform
>>The music really made me think of Naruto.... (>.<) <<



Then there was some Japanese Traditional Dance


And then our friends from Baylor performed Soran Bushi!!!


They're did such a great job! 
The crowd cheered throughout the whole performance!!


UNT's Japanese Culture Organization (JCO) is also supposed to perform Soran Bushi!
I'm so excited to start learning now!!
Maybe I can get Kenta to help me learn the dance????


Till Next Time: 
Remember to KEEP IT GENKI!!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

No comments:

Post a Comment