Monday, January 30, 2012

The Cupboard

Thanks to Kim having to go on a Gluten Free diet, 
we found this really cute cafe' that's only a few blocks from the campus.

The Cupboard Natural Foods is actually a fully organic grocery store with a delicious cafe'. They played very soft and earthy music (with a few 80s mixed in) that really helped to relax you. But I swear Kim and I were the youngest people in that place. The elderly seemed to flock to the cafe' that night.


Kim got some turkey sandwich... thing, with a Fruit Basket Smoothie and a slice of Gluten Free Carrot Cake, which was very yummy! I got a Hot Veggie Sandwich that included avocado, spirulina, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a lot of deliciousness! I also had a Power Smoothie which contained a whole bunch of my favorite fruits mixed with Protein Powder. Gawd, I love protein powder in shakes, it just adds to the whole taste and is just amazing! I was so depressed when I had finished it! My order only came out to a bit over 11$, which is pretty good for all that I got, so I was impressed.

And the decor was amazing! I mean, a place that has a beautiful and unique painting like this has to be great, right?? 
Besides groceries and the cafe', the Cupboard sold a whole bunch of organic beauty products. I was very intrigued with all of this stuff, but it was way too expensive for me to buy anything... I never knew that there was a such thing as organic hair dye, but I wouldn't really use any of it. Sorry, but I'm not a trustworthy person when it comes to my hair, cute pictures though!


They also sold organic chocolate!! And chocolate is like my passion... Not only was there a whole bunch to choose from, but they wrapped the delicious treat with pictures of super cute animals!!! And not just any animals, Endangered Species!! How could I resist that!? But I did... Except that Kim bought me one, so I'm very happy! I haven't opened mine yet, mainly because it'll break my heart to rip an adorable otter open...
But I think I'll save my wrapping because it is so cute! >.<
Another thing that really made me happy is that they used brown paper bags, you just don't see that now-a-days! However lame it sounds, I decided to keep the bags for recycling. 
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm all into saving the planet, and all that jazz, I just wish I could do more than buy a couple of products from an organic store... Too bad I don't have enough money...
This is all I bought. This is all I could do to contribute to helping the planet... 
Sorry world!! 
>.<





No comments:

Post a Comment