Thursday, October 27, 2011

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf

 The first show to go up at UNT was "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf"! Now, I had never seen it, never even heard of it! But, like I've said hundreds of times, I am so excited to expand in my knowledge of plays! I had heard that this was an AMAZING show, so I was really looking forward to it! And, being a Theatre Major, I got my Free ticket & was ready for Opening Night!
 The play took place in a small studio, and the set was so nice to look at! I was in awe by how it looked all together thinking:"Hey! I painted that fireplace! & that platform & wall & floor & did those vines!" It was so cool... Now, the play consists of 4characters: Martha (the main wife), George (the main husband), Honey (the other wife), and Nick (the other husband). The story goes: George, a History Professor, is married to the daughter of the President of the University, Martha. The two are sadly, & madly, in love by the fact that they are always messing with each other. George is not happy with his career position & Martha ridicules him all of the time. 
 The night the story takes place, the two had just returned from a Faculty meeting and are drinking at their home at 1AM. Martha has invited a couple she met at the party to their home, Honey & Nick, and George is upset that she did. Honey & Nick arrive & everything takes off from their. There's drama, drinking, craziness, comedy, sadness, sassiness, and a twist! 
 I loved seeing these actors do so well! It was an absolutely great performance and everything was spectacular! I really recommend it, AMAZING story & a GREAT ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment