Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spring Awakening

In my Freshmen Theatre Seminar, we got to take 2field trips! The first one was to Addison, Tx's Water Tower Theatre. The Water Tower Theatre was a great stage! The stage was in the center of a large room and the audience was watching all around from left to right and front. I was very different because the performance really did have great way of performing to all sides. The ushers sat among the audience and during some songs would jump up and start singing and was so cool! 
 I had only heard the name of this play, others were very excited to see it, and even Carolyn told me that she had wanted to see it. So, I had high expectations & boy did they do it justice! Until that night, I didn't know that Spring Awakenings was a musicals & I loooove musicals! The play takes place in Germany 1896 and is about teenagers and their sexual frustration. Sex, and what can happen afterwards, is a foreign concept to most of them; so when the main girl winds up pregnant, she has no idea how it happened. It was a really beautiful story, with lots of drama amongst the characters and their society. I teared up at a couple of points, but I refused to allow myself to actually CRY in public! The music and story was spectacular and I definitely recommend it to anyone who's willing to watch a story of love, drama, sex, comedy, and society flaws.  

No comments:

Post a Comment