Saturday, October 15, 2011

1st Day of College!

 A NEW LEAF
 The weirdest thing about college (for me) was the fact that it started on a Thursday.... I mean, seriously? Why couldn't it be on Monday, like normal schools?? Well, I was ecstatic that my very 1st class was Theatre!! I LOVE my Theatre Freshmen Seminar class~ Everyone is so cool & nice! Dr.Wilson is hilarious and amazing too! Then, only 10minutes after Theatre, I have Elementary Japanese. I THOUGHT, since I was in college now, that Japanese was going to be harder... Boy was I wrong! In our first class, we learned the 1st 15Hiragana... And ever since, we've just been doing things that I ALREADY know how to do! THe only good thing I'm getting out of this class is a great review, && a chance to go to Japan this summer!^-^
 On Tuesdays and Thursdays I don't have a lunch break. Since it's only an hour till my following class, I either run errands or go straight to the classroom. My communications teacher is amazing & I love her! She's so sweet and cool & she loves my group! And everyone in my class is so funny! I love going to class and just being able to laugh all the time. On our first day we did the typical "tell something about yourself" thing, & I found out that apparently I LOOK like I'm into Anime... I never thought that... O.o 
Then, after my Communications class, I get an hour&a half break before I have to be in Math. I was kind of surprised by how NOT difficult the class was & I've even taken to listening to my MP3player & texting during class WHILE I'm taking notes. And the thing is, since Dulock just comes in, doesn't check attendance, and only writes notes on the board, he doesn't seem to mind... 
  I really did love the fact that I wasn't being rushed to get from one class to another. Without having that bell I don't feel hassled to get to & from class. And these little 15-90minute breaks I'm allowed really helps!  But, the breaks and the lack of bells also kills because we're not "REQUIRED" to attend classes. I mean, we ARE paying for the classes and we OUGHT to attend, but it's all up to the student to choose whether or not we actually go.  ANd believe me, I've had a few times where I'm thinking, "WELL... It's not like he takes attendance... And I can learn all of the material online!"... But I still manage to make it to Math on time... And actually, it's interesting that I'm usually 10+minutes EARLY to my classes, because anyone who knows me KNOWS I'm typically late... >.< But it seems that in college I'm starting to turn a new leaf!   

No comments:

Post a Comment