Saturday, July 8, 2017

Dear Diary...

Up until recently, I didn't really see the point of posting daily life happenings on my Social Media. I thought it was dumb- people posting about the food that they're eating, or work drama. I didn't really care for it much. All I ever posted on FaceBook was quotes. From movies I had watched, books I had read, or just inspirational quotes. But I've come to notice that for some reason, people actually want to hear the stories I have to say..??
I still don't understand why people would want to read about other people's lives. Then again, I love watching vlogs or other people's SnapChats. When it's a celebrity's, I wish I could have that kind of lifestyle; when it's a friend's, I would wish I could be there to enjoy with them. So if other people can do it and not care, why not me?
What used to be secret tales people would write in their diaries is now the best Facebook stories. Does anyone actually have any diaries now-a-days?? Lol I always tried to keep up with one, but like this blog, I never did. I guess that's the point of Social Media. Rather than a personal diary, we put our lives and thoughts on blast for the whole world to see. Don't know if that's better or not, but at least we're somehow staying connected, right?
I mean, that's the whole reason why I fell into the Social Media hole in the 1st place. Every time I got a new Social Media account, it was through the recommendation of another. Then I'd use it religiously for months and just drop off the planet. The hard part is that I'm always busy. I would love to stay more active... I've actually become really good at posting on Facebook these past few weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to keep up with it!
Maybe it's because we all hope our lives are just a little more interesting than they actually are, and the fact that people are paying attention to us feeds into our ego. I mean, we all know the satisfaction of seeing a large amount of Likes on a post. I hope I can keep up with not just my own postings, but my friend's lives. After all, that's what Social Media is all about. Connecting People.

No comments:

Post a Comment