Tuesday, January 24, 2017

61 Books of 2016...

As I mentioned previously, I am very proud of the number of books I managed to read last year. 61 Books! I love to read all sorts of genres, although I have my favorites and certainly a preferred type, I've learned. Of course, I love my series like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, and I'm very happy that I was finally able to start re-reading the Magic Tree House Series, even if it is for children. I was able to get my hands on several Sherlock Holmes stories, picked up new series and authors I hadn't heard of before, and I started reading new and old Manga series, as well as picking up a few lesser known plays in order to feed my Theatre brain. I've learned that I'm not a fan of Romance novels, I got bored every time I walked through the section, and (surprise, surprise) I love Murder Mystery Thrillers..!
Although I can just post a list of all the books I read last year, as I started at the beginning of last year, I'd really like to post about each of them separately (the series, at least), and if they have a movie counterpart, how do they compare?? It may take awhile, especially with all of my current reading list, but I'd love to get it done!

2016 Reading List:

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
Stuart Little by E.B. White
When Did You See Her Last? by Lemony Snicket
The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
Ever After High: The Storybook of Legends by Shannon Hale
Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope Osborne
The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson
The Knight at Dawn by Mary Pope Osborne
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
PJO: The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan
Mummies in the Morning by Mary Pope Osbourne
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
Pirates Past Noon by Mary Pope Osbourne
EAH: The Unfairest of Them All by Shannon Hale
The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
Ghoulfriends Forever by Gitty Daneskvari
Night of the Ninjas by Mary Pope Osbourne
Afternoon on the Amazon by Mary Pope Osbourne
Ever After High: A Wonderlandiful World by Shannon Hale
Flawless by Sara Shepard
Shouldn't You Be In School? by Lemony Snicket
EAH: Once Upon a Time by Shannon Hale
Fooly Cooly 1-3 by Yoji Enokido
The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth 1-4 by Kenji Kuroda
Gilgamesh translated by Stephen Mitchell
Attack on Titan: No Regrets 1-2 by Gun Snark
Why Is This Night Different from All Other Nights? by Lemony Snicket
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Big Hero 6 Manga 1-2 by Haruki Ueno
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Sunset of the Sabertooth by Mary Pope Osbourne
The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Children by A.R. Gurney
Is It Wrong to try to Pick Up Girls in A Dungeon 1-3 by Fujino Omori
Richard Cory by A.R. Gurney
The Middle Ages by A.R. Gurney
Idol Dreams 1-2 by Arina Tanemura
D. Gray-Man 1-2 by Katsura Hoshino
How to Be a Pirate by Cressida Cowell

No comments:

Post a Comment