Thursday, July 31, 2014

Find Your Why...

  I really should never say that I'm actually going to keep up with this blog, because I honestly never do... When I was younger, I had so many diaries, too, but I never actually used them- I would always just forget. But I suppose a blog is just like anything you do in your life: if you want to stay consistent, you have know your "why."
  Why do I want to blog? What even is the point?? Now, I know I've actually posted something about this before, and I'm not too sure whether my mind has changed much. One major reason definitely has to do with the fact that I'm a packrat- I love reminiscing about happy memories, finding nostalgic treasures in the back of my closet, and pictures and blog posts (at least to me) are basically the same thing. Sure, some of these posts are dumb slice-of-life bits and others are just my own personal ramblings, but so what??
  Another reason, I suppose, would have to be my inner performer calling out for attention. Yes, I'm a Theatre Major- I want to become a big-time Voice Actor and, yes, I will admit, I would absolutely LOVE, love, loooove to be in a film! Ok, I've said it!! I'm much more shy than most people think, and sure I talk a lot, but I really do get nervous easily. These past few years, I have absolutely loved watching my fellow Theatre Majors stepping on-stage and into the spotlight, they always look so beautiful, radiant, and confident! I feel so happy for them because I wish I were them. I hear it all the time from my friends that they think that I, Lisette Monique Diaz, is so outspoken and confident, and so easy to talk to people, but really I'm not at all like that. But I want to be like that.
  I've realized several time over these past few years that I want to be more confident with myself and my abilities, I want to be able to stand on stage, or in front of a mic without wanting to shy away from the crowd. I've gotten better, I know that, but I want to be more.
  Maybe it's because I'm about to start my Senior Year in College and I'm getting immensely nervous about where I'm headed, or maybe it's just another summer revelation, who knows..? But what I do know is that I really have to dig deep and start working. I'm always telling people that if they want something bad enough, they have to put in the work for it- and I fully believe in that, but maybe it's time that I actually started to show it, too. I have so many dreams that I want to make real, so maybe it's about time I started making them happen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment