Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Returning to Anime Expo...

   My very first Anime Convention experience was at Anime Expo 2005, and it was then that I started thinking of doing Voice Acting for the rest of my life. From that summer on, my sister, Suzette, and I attended AX every year up until 2008. The next year, Suzette had graduated so I went alone, and after 2009, I stopped going to AX all together. This year, however, I felt an urge to go. I purchased my ticket back in April, and when the weekend came, I had my Kigurumi and I was ready!
  Anime Expo is one of the biggest Anime conventions in North America, and I am so glad I went this year! It was the first convention I was able to squeeze into my summer schedule, and I had a great time! The only down side: Suzette and Billy decided to tag along... I don't wanna sound rude, but it was actually really annoying to have to deal with them! Suzette, who hasn't been to a convention in years and Billy who had never been to such a large event! While I was wanting to run around and go to panel after panel, and visit all the booths, they were ready to leave only after a couple of hours! And this was after they had made me late to arriving to the convention! By the second day, I decided to ditch them and leave them to their own devices. And on the 3rd day, I was alone! I hadn't realized till this time how much I had become accustomed to going to conventions alone! I mean, it was fun to watch Billy's reaction to all the cosplayers, and to shop with Suzette, but it eventually became too much of a hassle... 
  Because I was too busy running around to different events, including an open audition for Bang Zoom! Entertainment ((to be discussed in another post)), I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. But here are some cute cosplayers I saw, amongst other congoers:

A Life-Size Rilakkuma!
Suzette got excited- Harvest Moon is one of her favorites!
I just thought he was adorable!
A My Little Pony Puppy-
Poor Poodle! 
HAHA! I loved them!
Sexy Mario, Luigi & Toad!
Some intense Halo cosplay!
And they were great dancers!
Loved her Creative Cosplay!
So many people!
Oh, just a life-size functional Dalek,
No big deal. 
Is this cute or creepy??
My favorite purchase of the con!
o(>v<)o
  Overall, I had a great time! Conventions like this really make me realize how many people out there love Anime just as much as I do! One of my favorite things about this year: the theme was Naruto! And, not only was I watching Naruto Shippuden at the time, but AX's theme back in 2005 was ALSO Naruto!! How much more of a sign did I need to know that this was a good year to attend?? Anyhoos, I can't wait till Anime Expo 2014! And hopefully, in the next few years, I'll be one of those VA guests holding a panel!! Stay Tuned!

Sincerely Yours,
Lisette Diaz
ৎ꒰ ¯ิ̑﹃ ¯ิ̑๑꒱ુ ୭ ~Sweet Dreams~ ৎ꒰ ¯ิ̑﹃ ¯ิ̑๑꒱ુ ୭ 

No comments:

Post a Comment