Sunday, October 23, 2011

Financial Aid

Money is one thing that I've never had to flaunt. And I never minded... I remember my friends inviting me to do stuff, or I'd go on a school trip & would either have to decline, because I couldn't pay for it, or I'd have to ask my dad if I could have money, and I hated having to ask. I never wanted to have to depend on Dad in order to do simple things like go to the movies or eat with some friends, but that was my life. And when I WOULD have money, unless I needed to spend it on something, I always managed to blow it all on things for me... I would feel so selfish, even if I never had got to spend on myself.
Now, thanks to Financial Aid and government money, I have TOO much money! But the good thing with never having had lots of spending money, I'm really good at saving it! All I used my Financial Aid for is paying for Housing for the semester, buying my books, and helping with some groceries. And just a few times have I gone out with friends and actually paid for my own meal! It feels great being able to take care of things on my own! 
The only headache was waiting for the Financial Aid to set in. I had to take out an emergency loan so I would have money for school books and all the crap we had to do to just GET them to give me the Financial Aid... Uuuugh... But, I have it NOW & I plan on making sure it stays saved! I WON'T spend it, unless I have to- like for Christmas presents! Besides, I wanna be sure I have TONS of money for the summer! It just feels so nice to actually have the money! Even though I don't have to spend it! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment